Estate Planning & Administration of Trusts And Estates
Our firm routinely handles a wide array of complex estate planning and trust and estate administration for farmers, business owners and professionals. Five of the firm's lawyers devote a substantial portion of their practices to this area. Three have served as members of the Executive Committee of the Trusts and Estates Section of the California State Bar, and two have served as chair of that Section. Two are Fellows of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel and are specialists in estate planning, probate and trust law certified by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. One is an Academician of the International Academy of Estate and Trust Law.
- Preparation of wills and trusts.
- Administration of trusts and of testate and intestate estates.
- Estate and gift tax planning.
- Estate and gift tax controversy resolution at all levels, from audit to appeals to litigation.
- Income tax planning for trusts.
- Representation of beneficiaries, fiduciaries and creditors in probate and trust litigation.
- Counsel to individual and institutional executors, trustees, guardians, conservators and personal representatives.
- Litigation support through expert witness engagements and other consultations with trial counsel.
Our lawyers recently won an appeals court decision in Dyer v. State of California successfully overturning the California State Controller's wrongful imposition of a large California estate tax.