We advise clients in the formation, maintenance, reorganization and dissolution of business organizations. These include corporations, limited liability companies, general and limited partnerships, joint ventures, and not-for-profit entities.
- Formation of the entity.
- Maintenance of the entity and planning to preserve limited liability of the owners from obligations of the business conducted by the entity to the extent such protection may be available.
- Advice concerning governance, management and control of the entity.
- Planning and documentation of transfers of interests in the entity by sale or gift.
- Representation in financing the business.
- Planning and documentation of reorganizations, mergers and liquidations of the entity.
- Responding to California attorney general investigations of alleged abuse of not-for-profit organizations.
- Income tax planning related to all of the foregoing matters.
We recently advised clients concerning the organization of a new entity to acquire a multimillion dollar business out of bankruptcy. We presently represent a public benefit corporation and certain of its directors in an action brought against them by the California Attorney General.